The course is aimed at training laboratory and healthcare personnel to support continuous professional development and ability to improve and change biosafety and biosecurity practices. This training focuses on bio-risk management associated with potentially harmful biological agents and their products in the laboratory and healthcare facility. Course modules address the concepts of laboratory biosafety and biosecurity, infection prevention and control, and threat reduction from intentional misuse of biological agents.
- Module 1 will explain different biosafety standards which help to understand the course better
- Module 2 covers the importance and appropriate usage of personal protective equipment and safety equipment providing information about the necessary safety measure while handling an infectious pathogen.
- Module 3 focuses on various containment facilities and design and commissioning essential for understanding the importance of infrastructure in the management of infectious pathogens
- Module 4 helps to understand the various steps involved in conducting a risk assessment for laboratories and healthcare.
- Module 5 examines laboratory biorisk management at different levels.
- Module 6 addresses the managing infection risk in an infectious disease laboratory