This course is intended for anyone who desires to learn the basics of techniques in cell culture and molecular diagnostic techniques. After the completion of this course, the enroller will have gathered sufficient exposure to the theory and practical aspects of cell culture and polymerase chain reactions.
- Introduction to cell culture
- Cell culture media and preparation
- Culture techniques
- Cell culture contaminant
- Quality control in cell culture
- Introduction to PCR
- RNA/DNA extraction
- Conventional PCR technique
- Real-time PCR
- Real-time multiplex PCR
- Quantitative real-time PCR
The course is divided into four modules.
- Module 1 includes theory presentations on basics of cell culture, types of cell culture media, propagation of cell lines, preservation of cell lines, detection and prevention of contamination of cell lines, quality control involved in cell culture.
- Module 2 includes the practical sessions in cell culture including subculture of cell lines.
- Module 3 includes an introduction to a polymerase chain reaction, extraction of nucleic acid, different types of polymerase chain reaction including conventional, real-time polymerase chain reaction (uniplex and multiplex), quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction.
- Module 4 includes practical sessions in molecular techniques that are covered in the theory modules.