Recent advance in molecular diagnostic tools such as real-time PCR, next-generation sequencing has made disease detection rapid, affordable, accurate and portable. The course is aimed at training laboratory personnel who are interested in garner first-hand experience in molecular diagnostics aiming to improvise the existing molecular facility in their institution or even start a molecular diagnostic facility themselves. This course will cover basic concepts and techniques, standardization of tests and quality control in molecular diagnostics. The participants will have ample opportunity for hands-on training on several molecular assays in the diagnosis of various emerging infections.
- Nucleic acid extraction from different clinical specimens
- PCR, electrophoresis
- cDNA synthesis, Real-time PCR, uniplex & multiplex PCR
- Quantitative PCR
- DNA sequencing
- Application NGS in disease detection
- POC molecular assay
This course is divided into three modules
- Module 1 will present theoretical aspects of nucleic acid extraction from different clinical specimens, polymerase chain reaction including qualitative and quantitative polymerase chain reaction, real-time polymerase chain reaction (uniplex and multiplex).
- Module 2 provides the practical experience to the concepts learnt in module 1.
- Module 3 will focus on sequencing of nucleic acid, theory and applications of next-generation sequencing and point of care molecular assays.
At the end of the course, the partakers will be familiar with advanced molecular techniques and their application in modern day diagnostics.