Cell culture plays a major role in the field of research and diagnostics. This course is designed to include the basic concepts of cell culture and its techniques. After the completion of this course, the enroller will have knowledge of the theory and practical aspects of cell culture.
- Introduction to cell culture
- Cell culture media and propagation
- Culture techniques
- Cell culture contaminant
- Quality control in cell culture
The course is divided into two modules.
- Module 1 comprises the theory in cell culture covering basics of cell culture, types of cell culture media, propagation of cell lines, preservation of cell lines, detection and prevention of contamination of cell lines, quality control involved in cell culture
- Module 2 involves practical sessions of module 1 including subculture of cell lines, cryopreservation preservation of cell line.